Participants: 73 high-level representatives from 51 selected universities in 28 ASEM countries and 10 higher education associations and institutions (out of 73 participants, 44 are Rectors, Presidents and Vice Chancellors of universities).
New participating countries: The Conference attracted participants from Brunei, Cambodia, Finland, Greece, Lithuania, Myanmar, Portugal and Slovakia for the first time widening the outreach of the ASEM education process.
Asia-Europe Foundation (ASEF)
ASEAN University Network (AUN)
Korea University (Host University)
ARC2 adopted five major policy agenda and called upon ASEM governments and university leaders to:
- Recognise and support universities as motors for economic growth and for the creation of knowledge societies;
- Foster effective knowledge transfer and knowledge sharing;
- Support curricular reform and education for global citizenship;
- Widen perspectives for mobility; and
- Support student involvement in the programming of the ASEM Education Process.